Monday, January 08, 2007

one way i use thermofax screens

in working on this baby quilt, i wanted to carry the inner border fabric to the outside edge as a binding. i tried other fabrics but nothing else looked good. unfortunately i didn't have enough of the original fabric left:

so i searched around in my stash for a fabric that was close.....i wasn't concerned about duplicating it but rather bringing in similar qualities....the green, blue and black.....i found a batik that was fairly close, then got out 2 screens i've used often, some black ink, and blue paint and this is what i ended up with.

with those 2 screens i was able to add some black and blue into this batik that was primarily green and yellow.. since it's going to be binding, only a small bit will show, and the designs that were printed on are fairly irrelevant. i then tucked the printed piece under the quilt with an edge showing to see if i had achieved the look i was after....and i think i did!

now...back to the sewing machine to finish this and get it in the mail.....


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home