Wednesday, July 25, 2007

don't faint

i'm back.
let's see if i remember how to do this!

i've been doing a lot of practical things: paperwork a mile high; cleaning out 33 years of Stuff.

throwing away/giving away. shedding what i don't need for the next phase of my journey. i have to say it is very freeing. kind of a nice feeling to pare down. i've done the fabric half of my studio. haven't even begun to deal with the mixed media side. that will most likely be the last thing to go through.

so, just about the only *artwork* i have done has been painting and redoing rooms.

in the background, the seeds of the next phase of art are germinating.
i'm not sure what it will be, how it will evolve, but i do know that something is brewing.


just to add a little more challenge to the mix, i've been taking care of my mother (86 yr old) as well, who has fallen several times, breaking her elbow. thank god that's the worst that's happened. tests have been run; waiting for results. it looks like a move to assisted living will be coming soon.


and....i've started a new job that i am really excited about.


life seems to be coming together.


so that is the latest.


thanks to those of y'all who have inquired privately. it's nice to know i've been missed.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie said...

You have been missed. I am so glad that some sunshine is falling into your life.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire! I'm thinking of you! Glad to see you post! :) --Tricia

3:28 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Claire - Nice to hear from you. Keep on keeping on! My ongoing project is to go through one box/basket/bag of papers each day. I think I might finish in my lifetime! Del

3:40 PM  
Blogger lizzieb said...

Oh Claire, it is really great to hear from you. You have been in my thoughts. Art comes from interesting places, doesn't it?

1:05 AM  
Blogger Linda Branch Dunn said...

Your work and words are a touchstone for me. Hang on during the rough waters. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Makes the art stronger too.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,

Just wanted to check in with you. It's been a long time since our QSDS chats and I've missed you. But I do keep tabs through your blog and think of you often. Take care.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Nora and James McDowell said...

Thinking of you, and the care of mothers I understand too. After taking care of my mom in her mobile home next door for 17 years she moved into a care home in Feb. Daughters are never done but it was a good move. I don't have the same fear every time I drive up the driveway. She's 87.
Brdhsbldr

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home