Saturday, December 03, 2005

back in the saddle!


figuratively speaking that is....... i FINALLY got back to some welding! i was really afraid i had forgotten how but it all came back to me and i actually did a damned good job....and had some really nice joints (yes, i know... that sounds funny!). i started out playing with a piece i had started @ a year ago, figuring i would just use it to practice on. so i was outside fiddling with it for about a half hour and decided i'd quit for the day, go inside and get cleaned up as i had friends picking me up for a belated birthday lunch. so i shut everything down, packed it all back up, brought it back into the garage, and headed inside.... only to discover i was locked out of the house. oops!
there was nothing else to do but take it all back out, set it up again, and keep on going. my husband had gone to run a few errands and i figured he;d be back soon enuf. so without a plan
(like i EVER have one!) i just started playing..........and actually had a blast. and abtou an hour later he finally showed up. (it worked out ok cus my friend;s were running late too...)
this piece has clearly told me what it wants to be and i figure its @ 1/3 of the way there..... so now i'ts just a matter of finding the time to work on it some more. if the acetelyne holds out in the morning and i can squeeze in a few hours before i leave for new orleans i hope to finish it .
and the name is obvious: locked out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rayna said...

Claive, you amaze me! Another lyrical piece - it's a beauty. How do you stand having so much talent?

8:49 AM  
Blogger gabrielle said...

Claire you are such an inspiration to me. After my playing with paint for the unaccepted fabric designs, I realized I need to work in other media from time to time....especially since they started the whole new series I am working on. With that series we;; in hand, going to pull out the paints today and make Christmas paintings for a couple of my sons (the ones who will appreciate them).....didnd't men to run on so long...just wanted to thank you for the inspiring work.

9:50 AM  
Blogger cfent said...

you 2 are gems and BOTH inspirations to me as well. thanks!

now lets see if i can actully get this one to post.. you ever notice how many dyslexic letters they put in those spam proof things???? i;d love to copy them if i could figure out what they were to beign with.........;-)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Deborah Boschert said...

stunning. I'm so intrigued. Now, tell us more about what you will do next. It looks like it could be finished to me... and how big is it? and how did you get such a lovely photo? And how about some pictures of you welding! That would be cool. You can't get much different from sitting behind the sewing machine. (Or maybe they aren't so different...)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I love the metalwork pieces, Claire! They're so similar in theme to a lot of your fabric work but with such a different feel to them. Just wonderful!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home